Mobile menu

New builds available for download, do I need them?
Thread poster: Nora Diaz

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:24
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 9, 2006

Hello all,

Due to a damaged Multiterm installation, I've accessed my Trados online account to download once again my damaged files. When I access the customer center page, I see that there are two new builds under the "Current" tab, both released in December 2005, one for Trados (called SDL Trados 7 freelance) and one for Multiterm (SDL Multiterm 7 desktop). I hadn't been back to the customer center since August, so I didn't realize these builds were available for download. My question is, do I need these new builds (added or improved functionality)? Will my current (Trados 7) installation be affected, or is the installation of these new builds seamless?

I would greatly appreciate any insight you can share about this.

Thank you!

Nora

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 04:24
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Do you mean Trados 7.1? Feb 10, 2006

There has been a new release since August, its called 7.1. I installed them both, but I removed the 7s first. The installation is without problem. New functionallity leads mostly to TagEditor, I hear.
But if you are satisfied with 7 you could well wait till March, when the new SDL Trados 2006 suit will arrive. Update from 7 and 7.1 are offered for EUR 77 now (I bought it yesterday). It will include also the new SDL 2006, so its a real bargain, if true. After all SDL did all the time what TagEditor learns only step by step, that is to substitute MS Word as a tool in translation.

Hope that answers some of your concerns.

Regards
Heinrich

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:24
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Makes sense Feb 10, 2006

You know, I've been pondering whether to get the upgrade, since I just upgraded to Trados 7 in August, but I know I will eventually cave in, so I think I should do it while the price is good.

I guess I have put it off because I don't fully understand the benefits I'll get from SDL Trados 2006, never having used SDLX before.

Thanks!

Nora

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New builds available for download, do I need them?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs