Thread poster: Radica Schenck

Radica Schenck  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:01
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Feb 15, 2006

Hi all,
I've spent the entire night searching for tips in this forum. And I got as far as this: in order to be able to open my PPT in T-Windows (Fatal Error Message) or TagEditor (Message 80003) I started downloading the patch 6.5.5.441 My version is 6.5.5.438 (build 439). What happens is that during the installation I get this message:

RegAsm.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=0x10908 (67848), Thread id=0x10a00(68096).

Please klick OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application.

----------
Debugging is not possible, and if I click OK, I get two more error messages with similar text, and then a "Successful Installation of I.Wizard for Trados". Ok. And then I am back to square one, as T-Windows still has this Fatal Error, and TE "Failed to create File Parser.Trados Powerpoint File Parser and then "(80005)Failed to create parser for plugin file format!". Any idea where do I go from now? Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 09:01
German
+ ...
Corrupted download? Feb 15, 2006

Radica Schenck wrote:

What happens is that during the installation I get this message:

RegAsm.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=0x10908 (67848), Thread id=0x10a00(68096).

Everything that comes after this is irrelevant, as this means the installation failed and the patch was not installed.

The most probable reason is that the downloaded file got corrupted during transfer. Try downloading and installing the patch again and let us know if that helped.

HTH,
Benjamin

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

T-Windows for Powerpoint TagEditor and Patch 441 for 6.5.5

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs