Mobile menu

error opening workbench
Thread poster: heehkk
Chinese to English
+ ...
Feb 15, 2006

I successfully installed trados, but when i am trying to open workbench, the error occurred as shown in the attachment. when i check the winalign, it can be opened without problem and show the available license. checking the license manager and test the license, it's ok. but still i cannot open the workbench, and i've tried many ways. i think there is something wrong with my system settings, so could you help me out?!

my operating system: xp-sp2, i doubt if it is because of the conflict with the system? office ver. office xp.

my email:

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:10
English to German
+ ...
More information required Feb 15, 2006

Can you please indicate which version you're using, and what the error message is (note that attachments are not supported by the forum)?

Best regards,

Chinese to English
+ ...
trados version and error message Feb 16, 2006

trados version: 615)

every time i try to open workbench, there comes out the error message:
"An error occurred while trying to verify the license. Please check the installation and try again. Translator's Workbench Freelance will now close."

i've tested the license in license manager , it's ok and works smoothly in Winalign. but if i delete the license, workbench can run in demo mode. i've reinstalled it many times, still the same problem occurs. so could you or anyone help me out?

i'm not working in the network nor is there anyone else using trados.

Jerzy Ozana  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to Polish
+ ...
Problem solved Jan 17, 2008

After hours of searching I found out there is a patch called TW4WIN_FL_826 which replaces the original executables in Trados directory. It helped. This is just for anyone who may bump into this kind of problem in the future...

Denis Haska  Identity Verified
Member (2008)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Do you mean this? Jan 23, 2009

So your suggestion is to execute this file right after the installation?

[Edited at 2009-01-23 08:52 GMT]

Armando Pattroni  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
Where is it? Feb 12, 2009

And where is that patch if I may ask?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

error opening workbench

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs