Thread poster: Elvira Stoianov

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 21:50
German to Romanian
+ ...
Feb 18, 2006

Multiterm 6.0.1.209

I have long planned to use Multiterm, but with all the work I have, I never managed to read the user guide that come with it.
I was wondering if it would make sense to use it anyway and learn to work with it as I go along, or if that would mean a bad organisation of data, which might turn into more work to clean up later.
Can the use of Multiterm be described in a few steps and if so, would anyone be willing to tell which they are?
I would also appreciate tips on things I should take into consideration from those who are familiar with the program.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:50
English to German
+ ...
Outdated version Feb 18, 2006

Hi Elvira,

Multiterm 6.0.1.209

I would not recommend to use this version - there's a reason (several, in fact) why it was replaced in the summer of 2003. Assuming that you're using TW 6.5.x, I would suggest upgrading to MT 6.2.0.287.

Can the use of Multiterm be described in a few steps and if so, would anyone be willing to tell which they are?
I would also appreciate tips on things I should take into consideration from those who are familiar with the program.

As with most other parts of Trados software, the tutorials are better to get acquainted than the user manuals.

For starters, you could design a simple termbase using an Excel sheet, and convert it to a termbase using MultiTerm Convert. (That won't work with the conversion utility in build 209...)

Best regards,
Ralf

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm for beginners

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs