Trados: using .htm and .html files
Thread poster: Sofia Ortega
Sofia Ortega
Local time: 17:44
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 21, 2006

Hi everyone!

One of my new clients wanted to have their website translated into Spanish and asked me for an estimated budget.
I have recently purchased Trados for freelancers (7.0) and I am not quite sure if I can get Trados to count the words of the whole website. Is this possible at all? Can I translated the whole website usinf TagEditor? Help please!!

A frustrated Trados learner

Direct link Reply with quote
English to German
Trados has built-in html support Feb 22, 2006

In order to do a html file word count all you have to do is create a new translation memory and analyze the HTML files with it. Trados will use the default html tag settings file (HTML4.ini) for the analysis. HTML files can be translated directly with Tag Editor.

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:44
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Yes you can Feb 22, 2006

But make sure the client sends you all the files as attachement, because otherwise you cannot know which files need to be translated.
Follow the pdf-manual File formats reference guide, to be found in the doc-folder of you Trados-installation.

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TagEditor Feb 22, 2006

Hi Sofia,

As the others have said, just have him send all the files that he needs translated and do a regular Trados analysis.

For translation, just use TagEditor

Sofia Ortega
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks everybody Feb 24, 2006

Hi there!

Thanks for your help, I am currently waiting for the famous files to be sent by my client, I will use your advice when I finally get them!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados: using .htm and .html files

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs