Trados HTML: Analysis Results Inconsistent
Thread poster: talbieh
talbieh
English to Spanish
Feb 22, 2006

I am getting very different results when:
- Analysing files using a TM based on the previous translation of those same files
and
- Analysing the old source files, and then analysing the new files using “previous analysis as TM”.

When I open the new files in TagEditor and Translate to Fuzzy, it finds all strings. It does stop at problematic strings. The format of the quotes and apostrophes is different, but the words are the same.

I believe it has to do with the way Trados is interpreting different formats of double-quotes, apostrophes, dashes, etc.

The weird thing is, they ALL (old source, new source, old TTX, TM) have that same, Microsoft Word curly-quote style.

Any clues on how to modify things so that the Analysis using both methods is identical?

Many thanks,
Tal

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados HTML: Analysis Results Inconsistent

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs