Trados HTML: Analysis Results Inconsistent
Thread poster: talbieh
talbieh
talbieh
English to Spanish
Feb 22, 2006

I am getting very different results when:
- Analysing files using a TM based on the previous translation of those same files
and
- Analysing the old source files, and then analysing the new files using “previous analysis as TM”.

When I open the new files in TagEditor and Translate to Fuzzy, it finds all strings. It does stop at problematic strings. The format of the quotes and apostrophes is different, but the words are the same.

I believe it has
... See more
I am getting very different results when:
- Analysing files using a TM based on the previous translation of those same files
and
- Analysing the old source files, and then analysing the new files using “previous analysis as TM”.

When I open the new files in TagEditor and Translate to Fuzzy, it finds all strings. It does stop at problematic strings. The format of the quotes and apostrophes is different, but the words are the same.

I believe it has to do with the way Trados is interpreting different formats of double-quotes, apostrophes, dashes, etc.

The weird thing is, they ALL (old source, new source, old TTX, TM) have that same, Microsoft Word curly-quote style.

Any clues on how to modify things so that the Analysis using both methods is identical?

Many thanks,
Tal
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados HTML: Analysis Results Inconsistent

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »