https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/43101-trados_60_word_2002_sp3_format_changes.html

Trados 6.0, Word 2002 SP3, format changes????
Thread poster: Rufino Pérez De La Sierra
Rufino Pérez De La Sierra
Rufino Pérez De La Sierra  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 26, 2006

Hi all, and thanks in advance for all your help!

I have lately encountered some funny and quite annoying changes done to both source and target text when translating with Trados 6.0 and Word 2002...

I am working on plain regular text, and when I open the next segment, all text turns to capitals (Versales on Format > Text menu), and sometimes also striked (same menu), and more often text turns to Italics and Bold...

This is rather easy to solve once I finish
... See more
Hi all, and thanks in advance for all your help!

I have lately encountered some funny and quite annoying changes done to both source and target text when translating with Trados 6.0 and Word 2002...

I am working on plain regular text, and when I open the next segment, all text turns to capitals (Versales on Format > Text menu), and sometimes also striked (same menu), and more often text turns to Italics and Bold...

This is rather easy to solve once I finish translating, but it is quite annoying and makes me waste time.

Does anyone know why this happens? Thanks for any input!

Best regards

Rufino
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:18
English to German
+ ...
Check the style Feb 27, 2006

Hi Rufino,
First of all, I have moved the topic to SDL Trados Support - please use this forum for all issues related to SDL or Trados.

The first thing to check in the event of formatting changes is the style used to format the paragraph - anything unusual in there?

Best regards,
Ralf

Rufino Pérez De La Sierra
Rufino Pérez De La Sierra  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Style? Where do I check this? Feb 27, 2006

Hello Ralph! And thanks for your prompt response. I will use this forum from now on.

Where do I exactly check the style? I think everything is normal, but I will try and check this.

Thanks!

Rufino

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:18
English to German
+ ...
Word formatting Feb 27, 2006

Hi again,

Where do I exactly check the style? I think everything is normal, but I will try and check this.

This is a Word function - I use the German version of MS Office, so I'm not 100% sure about the commands in your version. Try Format - Styles and formatting.

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.0, Word 2002 SP3, format changes????

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »