SDL word count and MS office drawing objects
Thread poster: GermanTransl

United States
Local time: 14:34
English to German
+ ...
Feb 27, 2006

I have three questions:
1. The customer provided me with a wod count log from SDL. I have trouble to read it. Where can I find the total amount of words in the file? Is it in the totals line?

File Statistics:
Segments TM Words AP Words Total Percentage Totals

What does AP words mean?

2. Does SDL count text from MS office drawing objects? When I clicked onto the embedded image, it displayed "edit text" and then prompts me to convert to an MS Off. drawing object to be able to edit the text.

3. SDL word count seems to differ from Practicount. Which one is more reliable?

Thanks a lot!

Direct link Reply with quote

Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:34
English to German
AP Feb 28, 2006

kkli2004 wrote:

What does AP words mean?

AP = auto-propagated words. In other words, repetitions or fuzzy matches that don't come from the TM but from within the file itself.

Total counts are in the "Totals" line, yes

No idea about your other questions, though.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL word count and MS office drawing objects

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs