Thread poster: sibyllew
sibyllew  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:01
English to German
+ ...
Mar 3, 2006

Hello,

I received a MultiTerm glossary and a TM from a client.

When I try to translate, Workbench gives me the message "(50155): Current MultiTerm database has no fuzzy index."

I wrote to the client, and they created the fuzzy index and sent back the glossary. I still get the same message.

The MultiTerm glossary is protected by a password, and with my permissions, the Edit menu and many items in the File menu (Create Fuzzy index, Import, Export etc.) are greyed out.

Does anyone have an idea what could be the problem?

Thank you,
Sibylle

Direct link Reply with quote

Gusztáv Jánvári  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Odd Mar 3, 2006

Are you sure you have received all files the second time from your client? Once the fuzzy index is created, only read permission is necessary for fuzzy searches. I don't know of anything preventing this operation during normal circumstances.

sibyllew  Identity Verified
France
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 3, 2006

Thank you for asking this question!

I checked, and the collateral files were all named with the squiggle (~) that DOS or ZIP add when the path is too long.

I copied the files into a folder on my C drive, renamed them to match the *.mtv file, and now it works!

Thanks a bunch

[Edited at 2006-03-03 23:29]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench cannot read terms in MultiTerm

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs