Trados icon disappeared from Word
Thread poster: Dilshod Madolimov

Dilshod Madolimov  Identity Verified
Uzbekistan
Local time: 05:32
English to Uzbek
+ ...
Mar 6, 2006

Unexpectedly Trados icon in Word disappeared. I reinstalled it, but no result. What I have to do?

Direct link Reply with quote

Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 02:32
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Activation Mar 6, 2006

Check that the Trados add-in is selected in Tools/Templates and Add-ins. Then right-click in the toolbars area and make sure Trados is visible.

HTH,
Dan

Dilshod Madolimov  Identity Verified
Uzbekistan
Local time: 05:32
English to Uzbek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Activation Mar 6, 2006

Thank you Dan, I've tried this, there is no Trados icon anywhere in Word.

Heike Steffens  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:32
Italian to German
+ ...
Trados icon = Flagman?? Mar 6, 2006

Hi, if the Trados-Flagman has disappeared you need to substitute the Normal.dot file in the directory "Word-Startup" in your personal directory. As I don't know the English path description (maybe someone can add that), here's the German version:

C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/your user's name/Anwendungsdaten/Microsoft/Word/Startup

You will find the original file "normal.dot" in the directory:

C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/you user's name/Anwendungsdaten/Microsoft/Vorlagen

Vorlagen ist Templates (at least this I know)

Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados icon disappeared from Word

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs