Mobile menu

Urgent Help needed with TAGEDITOR
Thread poster: JennyItaly
JennyItaly
Local time: 23:38
Italian to English
Mar 7, 2006

I have to assess and price a job which has come in on a txt file and needs to be translated with TAGEDITOR.
I use TRADOS very often but I have never used TAGEDITOR.
What I have done is opened TEDitor and opened the txt file.
I used the same keys as I do TRADOS and it seems to be translating ok. - I hope!

I have 2 urgent problems.
1. .. How do you calculate the work??? In word I always use the word calculator to count the characters then (as is normal in Italy) I divide by 1500 .. to get what they call a 'page'. Any suggestions please how to count the translatable characters??

2.. I find that I have the two lines .. source and target when I am translating -- and it repeats the source text in the target line if there is no fuzzt ranslation etc. ... Is there a way of setting this so it is BLANK like in TRADOS ?? ...

Thank you all in advance

Jenny

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... Mar 7, 2006

...to SDL Trados Support - please use this forum to post topics related to SDL and/or Trados.

I have 2 urgent problems.
1. .. How do you calculate the work??? In word I always use the word calculator to count the characters then (as is normal in Italy) I divide by 1500 .. to get what they call a 'page'. Any suggestions please how to count the translatable characters??

Use the Analyse function.

2.. I find that I have the two lines .. source and target when I am translating -- and it repeats the source text in the target line if there is no fuzzt ranslation etc. ... Is there a way of setting this so it is BLANK like in TRADOS ?? ...

Not sure what you mean by "like in Trados" - this is a Workbench setting: Options - Translation Memory Options - General - Switches: deactivate Copy source on no match.

HTH, Ralf

JennyItaly
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks!! Mar 7, 2006

Thank you so much!
Apologise that I was in the wrong forum.

I used analyse and that calculated the words. Sorry didn't think of that because here we never calculate per word.

I also unflagged the copy option and so I have blank now - perfect!

I am trying to change the colour scheme : I thought I had succeded using TAGEDITOR - Tools - Plugins - TradosTag viewer plugin ... but until now it is still ALL in Black font.

I will pursue!!

Thank you so much for your help

Jenny

xxxBAmary  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:38
English to Spanish
+ ...
I think I know Mar 7, 2006

Not to have the source appear on your target, I think you can remove the chekmark in Workbench - Options - Translation memory options - Copy source on no match.

I'm not 100% sure but I think that's it...

Regards!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent Help needed with TAGEDITOR

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs