Thread poster: Francisco Mar Rubio (X)
Francisco Mar Rubio (X)
Francisco Mar Rubio (X)  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 18:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 9, 2006

Hello everybody: I keep having the problem that my Workbench runs only in Demo Mode though I have the correct license. I found in the forum a solution, buy I do not understand it very well. I am not very good at computers. I might need some answers
So:
I found this:

Dear fellow translators, the Trados instruction are not correct. This is what I have done after some try and error:

1. Generate
... See more
Hello everybody: I keep having the problem that my Workbench runs only in Demo Mode though I have the correct license. I found in the forum a solution, buy I do not understand it very well. I am not very good at computers. I might need some answers
So:
I found this:

Dear fellow translators, the Trados instruction are not correct. This is what I have done after some try and error:

1. Generate a license key (after running the ID tool and filling in the ID code).You will get a license.lic file for MT Extract.

2. CHANGE THE FILENAME (not the extension) AND AFTER THAT save it in your license directory

NOTE! do not save it under the name license.lic because you will overwrite your Trados license!!!!

3. Open your fresh MT-extract.lic file in Notepad, and copy all text (CTRL+C).
4. Open your Trados Workbench *.lic file in Notepad, press RETURN to create an empty line and paste the text from your MT-Extract license after the existing text in your license.lic file.

NOTE: Make sure the resulting file gets/keeps the name/ extension "license.lic".

5. Now open MT Extract, "et voila" it will run.

I already sent a mail to Trados support about this, but did not get a reaction.

Success,
Marijn

My questions are: What does it mean to "generate a license key"? I guess it is just going to https://trados.subscribenet.com and create a new one, isn't? But then, Marijn talks about copy the text of this license in the Trados Workbench *.lic file. Is it not the same one? HELP!!!!

Thank you
Collapse

pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
English to Danish
Workbench or MultiTerm Extract? Mar 9, 2006

You ask about Workbench, but the answer you found is about MultiTerm Extract.

Exactly which part of the Trados package do you have a problem with?
Which version of Trados do you have?

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 19:56
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Try Help Mar 9, 2006

Click in WB Help > About
Click License Manager
Browse for the .lic-file you have created.
Click OK.
Now it should be ok.

Ana Sastre
Ana Sastre
English to Spanish
Dongle Mar 9, 2006

I suppose you have inserted the dongle in the USB port? Without that device, you cannot benefit from all functionaly of Trados.
It's just an idea...

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:56
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Not that complicated... Mar 10, 2006

Hi Francisco,

1. Generate a license key (after running the ID tool and filling in the ID code).You will get a license.lic file for MT Extract.

Summarizing: the file containing your licence data are store in a file called *license*, therefore when you generate your MultiTerm Extract license file, you have either to save it in another folder or to modify the name of the file (to make it easy: first create two different folder, for ex. in folder "Trados licenses" a sub-folder "TWB license" and MT Extract", than save each licence file its respective folder. After that change the file(s) name if you wish: you only need to highligh the name, right-click and select *rename* - not sure it is called so in EN, sorry my sys is in German)

The rest of the description you have added is quite strange to me: I didn't need to do all that to make sure both my TWB and MT extract run in full mode.

I only had to open the licence manager (open TWB and click on Help. a window will pop up displaying the licence(s), click on the button *License manager...*) and show the License Manager where my MT Extract license was stored. If both licences are not listed, than you'll have to *add* license in the license manager, if it detects only one of them)

My questions are: What does it mean to "generate a license key"? I guess it is just going to https://trados.subscribenet.com and create a new one, isn't?

Yes, it is all there. You have to click on *generate* and the file is created. The steps are a little bit more complicated with MT Extract, as you have to indicate your HostID, so that the unique key can be generated - you can run MT Extract only on one PC and the HostID binds the thereafter generated key with that particular PC. All instruction are there and clear, just go step-by-step.

Giuliana

Francisco Mar Rubio (X)
Switzerland
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works!!! Mar 10, 2006

Thanks everybody. I tried many things and at the end it worked. I think it had to do with the fact that I had not registered SDL Trados 7, though I had done it before without success. Anyway, it works again and I hope for a looooong time.

Thank you all very much!!!
Francisco

Elías Sauza
Elías Sauza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 10:56
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Join the club Mar 10, 2006

Francisco Mar Rubio wrote:

...I keep having the problem that my Workbench runs only in Demo Mode though I have the correct license.

Hello, Francisco

Welcome to the frusTRADOS club!!!!

Francisco Mar Rubio (X)
Switzerland
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Here we are again with Frus-Trados Mar 21, 2006

Dear friends,

once again my Workbench runs only in Demo mode. I have done what I did last time without success: install again the license, show Workbench the route and register Trados on Internet. It seems that every week, for some reason, I am disconnected and set in Demo Mode. When I open About SDL Trados and click on License Manager, it says I have all the license requirements, but when I close it, I am again in Demo mode.
PLEASE HELP!!!!
Thank you

Francisco Mar Rubio (X)
Switzerland
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Workbench in Demo Mode Mar 21, 2006

Hi Giuliana,

it seems you are the one who knows the best in this forum.

I am really desperated with Trados Workbench. It keeps working in Demo Mode though I have the right license intalled, I have show the right path to it in License Manager, I have registered the product and, even worse, in License Manager says I have the license to work!!! But still it works in Demo Mode.

Any idea???
Thank you so much!
Francisco

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Demo mode though License installed

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »