M. Laut
M. Laut  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 08:36
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Mar 10, 2006

Hi all,

My client sent me a file in Tag Editor. It must be proofreaded /edited. How to use the TrackChange ? Need other software (plug-in) ? I will appreciate if any one can help me. I use Trados 6.5

Thank you.

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:36
English to French
+ ...
7.1 I think Mar 10, 2006

I think it's only with version 7.1 and up that the Track Changes function is available in TagEditor.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Track Changes vs. Comments Mar 10, 2006

Hi Marie-Claude,

I think it's only with version 7.1 and up that the Track Changes function is available in TagEditor.

Could it be that you're confusing it with the Comments function in TagEditor? AFAIK TE does not provide for a tracking function.

As a workaround, you could copy and paste everything into Word, but you should definitely check this with your customer beforehand.

Best regards,
Ralf

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Could be! Mar 10, 2006

Or it's a feature that will be added later!

I've received so much information from Trados/SDL at a recent conference that I might have confused the version numbers. If I remember well they are planning on adding a track changes function in TE...

pep
pep
English to Spanish
ApSIC Comparator Mar 10, 2006

M. Laut wrote:

Hi all,

My client sent me a file in Tag Editor. It must be proofreaded /edited. How to use the TrackChange ? Need other software (plug-in) ? I will appreciate if any one can help me. I use Trados 6.5

Thank you.

You can use a freeware tool we wrote, ApSIC Comparator (http://www.apsic.com/en/products_comparator.html).

Basically, you need to keep one snapshot of the files in one directory before you start the review, review them normally and after that you can run Comparator against both set fo files. The resulting files are .html files with tracked changes that you can open in a browser, in Word or in Excel depending on what you need to do. I specially like the Excel variant.

Pep.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to use TrackChange in Tag Editor

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »