Thread poster: Adissapong Praphantanathorn
Adissapong Praphantanathorn
Adissapong Praphantanathorn  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:02
English to Thai
Mar 10, 2006

Hi everyone,

Any solution on this problem?

I use Trados 7 with Thai Word 2003. The text format for both source (the blue highlight) and target (the green one) seem to chage from their original format. For example, English source text is always changed to italic, and the target (Thai) dose not display the specific font I selected in WorkBench's setup. I have to manually chage them every time and that is not a good thing to do at all.

Any help?

... See more
Hi everyone,

Any solution on this problem?

I use Trados 7 with Thai Word 2003. The text format for both source (the blue highlight) and target (the green one) seem to chage from their original format. For example, English source text is always changed to italic, and the target (Thai) dose not display the specific font I selected in WorkBench's setup. I have to manually chage them every time and that is not a good thing to do at all.

Any help?

Thanks,

Golf
Collapse

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:02
German to Spanish
Use better Tageditor Mar 10, 2006

This is a common problem when the format in Word is not proper or fonts are missing. With Trados 7 you can work now with Tageditor so you can forget all the Word formatting problems.

Rgds

English to Thai
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but... Mar 10, 2006

Use better Tageditor

This is a common problem when the format in Word is not
proper or fonts are missing. With Trados 7 you can work now
with Tageditor so you can forget all the Word formatting
problems.

Rgds

Thanks! But what if I am dealing with DOC or RTF files most of the time? Is TagEditor more desireable?

Thanks!

Fernando Toledo
Spain
German to Spanish
Yes! Mar 10, 2006

Is the best way to work with heavy formatted docs, it may be a little disturbing at the beginning (all the tags marks) but soon you will be comfortable with it.

Why do you think Trados has now implemented this feature?

Like the other CAT programs DVX, SDLX, it is better to work in the same interface all kind of documents.

English to Thai
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Mar 10, 2006

Toledo wrote:

Is the best way to work with heavy formatted docs, it may be a little disturbing at the beginning (all the tags marks) but soon you will be comfortable with it.

Why do you think Trados has now implemented this feature?

Like the other CAT programs DVX, SDLX, it is better to work in the same interface all kind of documents.

Thanks for your help! Just one more question I tested the TagEditor with my pre-translated text. The Thai text on 100% matches appearred very small and I couldn't change them. How can I do that? For brand new text, I think I can adjust it.

Thank you

Fernando Toledo
Spain
German to Spanish
dont worry about Mar 10, 2006

Adissapong Praphantanathorn wrote:

[ The Thai text on 100% matches appeared very small and I couldn't change them. How can I do that? For brand new text, I think I can adjust it.

Thank you

When you clean it, it will be like the original, all this information, color, font, size, etc. are tags marks. Let Trados work for you...

English to Thai
TOPIC STARTER
Super Thanks Mar 10, 2006

Toledo wrote:

Adissapong Praphantanathorn wrote:

[ The Thai text on 100% matches appeared very small and I couldn't change them. How can I do that? For brand new text, I think I can adjust it.

Thank you

When you clean it, it will be like the original, all this information, color, font, size, etc. are tags marks. Let Trados work for you...

Thanks so much for your wonderful help. Hope I don't have to bother you again, but who knows

Best.

Golf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 with Word 2003 Thai Edition

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »