Thread poster: Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 06:54
English to Turkish
+ ...
Mar 13, 2006

I have now the latest version of SDL Trados 2006 and found a new tool named SDL Trados Glue.

The help file says:

SDL Trados Glue is a standalone application that allows you to merge a number HTML, SGML, XML, or Workbench RTF files into one 'master' file. Imagine you have to localise 100 small HTML files. Let's assume that after translation you need to perform a global find/replace operation on all 100 files. If you treat each file individually, you would have to open i
... See more
I have now the latest version of SDL Trados 2006 and found a new tool named SDL Trados Glue.

The help file says:

SDL Trados Glue is a standalone application that allows you to merge a number HTML, SGML, XML, or Workbench RTF files into one 'master' file. Imagine you have to localise 100 small HTML files. Let's assume that after translation you need to perform a global find/replace operation on all 100 files. If you treat each file individually, you would have to open it in TagEditor, perform the global find/replace operation, save the file, close it, open the next file, etc.

Note that the SDL Trados Glue is not part of the official SDLX or SDL Trados product offering and is not officially covered by SDL Trados support. Use at your own risk.

In general I prefer using Deja Vu for translation of many files at the same time. Well, Deja Vu never says "Use at your own risk."
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Glue, a new feature?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »