Mobile menu

Do I have to uninstall T 6.5 and/or 7.0 to install T 7.5?
Thread poster: Antoní­n Otáhal

Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 07:01
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Mar 13, 2006

When I try to install Trados 7.5 (2006) on a machine on which T 6.5 and T 7.0 are installed, the installation programme tells me I have to unistall the older version first and then the only option is to terminate the installation.

Is this behaviour standard? The installation instructions (a zipped pdf I downladed together with the installation file) does not mention this necessity, and I would like – if at all possible – to keep the older versions to play it safe with some customers.

Any experience /ideas about this aspect?

TiA

Antonin

Direct link Reply with quote

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 07:01
English to Czech
+ ...
Do I have to uninstall T 6.5 and/or 7.0 to install T 7.5? Mar 13, 2006

You can keep 6.5, but you need to uninstall 7.0. See the Knowledge Base: http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1632

Both SDL Trados 7.5 and SDLX 2006 replace any previously installed versions (Trados 7.0/7.1 and SDLX 2005/2005 SP1) and do not support side-by-side installation. The installation programs for SDL Trados 7.5 will therefore prompt you to un-install the previous version.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do I have to uninstall T 6.5 and/or 7.0 to install T 7.5?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs