Do I have to uninstall T 6.5 and/or 7.0 to install T 7.5?
Thread poster: Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 12:19
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Mar 13, 2006

When I try to install Trados 7.5 (2006) on a machine on which T 6.5 and T 7.0 are installed, the installation programme tells me I have to unistall the older version first and then the only option is to terminate the installation.

Is this behaviour standard? The installation instructions (a zipped pdf I downladed together with the installation file) does not mention this necessity, and I would like – if at all possible – to keep the older versions to play it safe with some custo
... See more
When I try to install Trados 7.5 (2006) on a machine on which T 6.5 and T 7.0 are installed, the installation programme tells me I have to unistall the older version first and then the only option is to terminate the installation.

Is this behaviour standard? The installation instructions (a zipped pdf I downladed together with the installation file) does not mention this necessity, and I would like – if at all possible – to keep the older versions to play it safe with some customers.

Any experience /ideas about this aspect?

TiA

Antonin
Collapse

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 12:19
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Do I have to uninstall T 6.5 and/or 7.0 to install T 7.5? Mar 13, 2006

You can keep 6.5, but you need to uninstall 7.0. See the Knowledge Base: http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1632

Both SDL Trados 7.5 and SDLX 2006 replace any previously installed versions (Trados 7.0/7.1 and SDLX 2005/2005 SP1) and do not support side-by-side installation. The installation programs for SDL Trados 7.5 will therefore prompt you to un-install the previous
... See more
You can keep 6.5, but you need to uninstall 7.0. See the Knowledge Base: http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=1632

Both SDL Trados 7.5 and SDLX 2006 replace any previously installed versions (Trados 7.0/7.1 and SDLX 2005/2005 SP1) and do not support side-by-side installation. The installation programs for SDL Trados 7.5 will therefore prompt you to un-install the previous version.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do I have to uninstall T 6.5 and/or 7.0 to install T 7.5?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »