https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/43793-team_pro_vs_freelance_trados.html

Team Pro vs Freelance (Trados)
Thread poster: RosaT
RosaT
RosaT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:06
Mar 15, 2006

Hello all,

I have tried looking for this info in the archive without much success (an apparently useful topic appeared but it was in German, and unfortunately I don't speak this language.)

I currently own SDLX 2005 Professional and I am looking at upgrading to SDL Trados 2006. My dilemma is if I should go with the Professional version again or if I should "downgrade" (which I've been told is possible by SDL) to SDL Trados 2006 Freelance.

I think I am clear
... See more
Hello all,

I have tried looking for this info in the archive without much success (an apparently useful topic appeared but it was in German, and unfortunately I don't speak this language.)

I currently own SDLX 2005 Professional and I am looking at upgrading to SDL Trados 2006. My dilemma is if I should go with the Professional version again or if I should "downgrade" (which I've been told is possible by SDL) to SDL Trados 2006 Freelance.

I think I am clear about the differences between SDLX Standard and SDLX Professional, but I am trying to find out about the differences between Trados Freelance and Trados Team Pro, since the price difference is huge and I am now wondering if I really need the Trados Team Pro.

I have been reading some pages, but none clearly depited the differences, apart from the fact that Team Pro supports unlimited languages. What is your opinion? Is Team Pro worth it not being a company but sole trader? Do you think I should stick with Pro "just in case"?

Many thanks in advance. Any help will be very much appreciated.

[Edited at 2006-03-15 17:49]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Team Pro vs Freelance (Trados)

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »