Thread poster: Marijke Mayer
Marijke Mayer
Marijke Mayer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:00
Dutch to English
+ ...
Mar 18, 2006

I wonder if anybody can either send me a copy of this file or offer me some explanation as to what is going on. The interface, such as the Word menu item Trados, Trados icons has disappeared and subsequently the macro's no longer work between the Workbench and Word. Ohter functions appear to be intact, such as cleaning files etc.

While trying to reinstall, it gives me error messages that certain files are damaged, including Trados6.dot. I got it straight from the Trados download si
... See more
I wonder if anybody can either send me a copy of this file or offer me some explanation as to what is going on. The interface, such as the Word menu item Trados, Trados icons has disappeared and subsequently the macro's no longer work between the Workbench and Word. Ohter functions appear to be intact, such as cleaning files etc.

While trying to reinstall, it gives me error messages that certain files are damaged, including Trados6.dot. I got it straight from the Trados download site, and they won't help without a service contract.

This happened after my computer exhitited strange behavior, such as having countless copies of Word open.
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... Mar 18, 2006

...to SDL Trados Support - please use this forum to post topics related to SDL and/or Trados.

While trying to reinstall, it gives me error messages that certain files are damaged, including Trados6.dot. I got it straight from the Trados download site, and they won't help without a service contract.

The original template should be installed - default location:
Code:
c:\program files\TRAODS\Txx_fl\TT\Templates

This happened after my computer exhitited strange behavior, such as having countless copies of Word open.

Have you run a virus scan recently?

HTH, Ralf

Marijke Mayer
Marijke Mayer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Eternally, gratefully yours . . . Mar 18, 2006

Thank you so much, Ralph, for coming to my rescue! Also thanks for moving the posting to its correct location.

As I had done a search on Trados6.dot earlier, in vain, I might add, upon your directions I was pleasantly surprised to see that it indeed existed as TRADOS6.dot (capped). All I needed to do was clicked on it and, presto! my Trados menu came back. Amazing.

I McAfee-viruscheck and 'AdAware check' regularly, but this happened after I opened a rarzipped filed
... See more
Thank you so much, Ralph, for coming to my rescue! Also thanks for moving the posting to its correct location.

As I had done a search on Trados6.dot earlier, in vain, I might add, upon your directions I was pleasantly surprised to see that it indeed existed as TRADOS6.dot (capped). All I needed to do was clicked on it and, presto! my Trados menu came back. Amazing.

I McAfee-viruscheck and 'AdAware check' regularly, but this happened after I opened a rarzipped filed and my computer went haywire. Things have calmed down and mercifully, I can now get back to work.

Marijke Mayer
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados6.dot file needed

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »