Thread poster: Kjetil Holm
Kjetil Holm  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 12:04
German to Norwegian
+ ...
Mar 19, 2006

Hi,

I use Trados 6.5 Freelance. Having done a translation of a XML-file in TagEditor, I got the message that the file didn´t open on the Internet when the client tried to do this. The reason was the following error message:

"The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and
then click the Refresh button, or try again later."

In addition, there was a reference to the spot in the text where the error was supposed to be. It´s a tag error, where end tag doesn´t match start tag. However, I couldn´t find the error in the text.

The question is if there are alternative ways og handling such a problem, other than searching for the tag error in the text. Also, it´s a big file, and going through everything in desperate search of the mistake is an almost impossible task ...

Direct link Reply with quote

Robert Zawadzki  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:04
English to Polish
+ ...
You should use some specialized software Mar 19, 2006

XML editors have tools to help locate such errors. I use MS Visual Studio. If you send me a file, I can help you locate an error.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5 Freelance and XML-files

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs