Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Does anyone else hate Trados as much as I do?
Thread poster: Surtees
Anthony Indra
Anthony Indra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:44
Member (2002)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Handling 100% Repetitions - What's the difference with "Replace All" by Word? Apr 29, 2006

Just a question from a Trados beginner - if the repetitions is 100% the same - why don't we just use "Replace All" function in Word?

Sonka wrote:

Hi Ralf,

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Careful here - handling repetitions involves more than just sitting there, watching the computer tick away.
I agree, but in my case, I must say handling repetitions involves nothing more than sitting and entering Alt+* in 99% of cases. It happens that I

[Edited at 2006-04-29 04:27]

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 11:44
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
"Replace all" is a powerful tool Apr 29, 2006

but more often than not, using it for translating work is rather careless and, except for very specific situations and purposes, it should never be used as such.

One should always confirm/reject each individual replacement with respect to the context etc.

I have seen too many translations spoiled by an obvioulsy improper use of this tool, so I would never recommend using it unless you really know what you are doing.

Antonin

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone else hate Trados as much as I do?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »