Off topic: Thanks, SDL! Appreciated!!
Thread poster: Colin Ryan
Colin Ryan  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:34
Italian to English
+ ...
Mar 21, 2006

Hi all,
Some time ago I started a thread, criticising SDL for releasing new versions of Trados too often and asking an upgrade fee each time (http://www.proz.com/topic/42317).

However, when Trados 7.5/SDLX 2006 was released, I discovered that my existing Trados 7.1 licence was valid also for the new release - I wasn't charged anything at all.

I'd like to thank SDL here, in public, for this gesture. I don't know if they read my original thread or not, but who knows - maybe I made a difference! Anyway, credit where it's due: thanks, SDL. I appreciate it.
Colm Ryan

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
When did you buy? Mar 21, 2006

Seems they are either not quite as generous with us LSPs or they still haven't finished the "Professional" version of SDLX 2006 / Trados 7.5.

In any case, I can't find the download for the new version anywhere in the "download centres" of Trados or SDLX.

Maybe the upgrade is only free to customers who bought their Trados 7.1 license very recently - when did you buy yours?

Regards,
Benjamin

Colin Ryan  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
7 January Mar 21, 2006

Hi,
I paid for my upgrade (Trados Freelance 6.5 -> 7.0) on 7 January.
Colm

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
I see. Mar 21, 2006

Well, okay, that's fairly recent - we bought our upgrade to Trados 7 in June last year, so I can understand now why you'd get it for free while we wouldn't.

The early bird special is still on until March 31, so maybe we'll just order the regular upgrade at three-hundred-odd euros, then.

Thanks,
Benjamin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Thanks, SDL! Appreciated!!

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs