Thread poster: Francisco Mar Rubio
Francisco Mar Rubio  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 02:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 22, 2006

Dear all:

this is amazing. My Workbench keeps changing into Demo Mode whenever it wants. Of course always in the middle of a big proyect (according to Murphy's law).
I have to uninstall the whole programm, delete the Registration Files (Go to Start -> Run -> regedit -> Ok
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and delete Trados
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software and delete Trados), install it again, show the programm the path to the licence and register it. And then it works... for a few days. It seems like being connected to Wireless in a public library changes the registration parameters and make my licence invalid. Workbench knows the path perfectly to licence, the licence is the correct one, the product has been bought legally (though I know regret it)...everything is correct, but it does not work!!!
Any clue??
Thank you guys.
Frus-Trados customer

[Edited at 2006-03-22 09:26]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Other Freelance users in the same network? Mar 22, 2006

Hi Francisco,
First of all, have you contacted Trados Support? Given that the vast majority of soft license users doesn't have a problem, the problem might, in fact, be related to your system.

It seems like being connected to Wireless in a public library changes the registration parameters and make my licence invalid.

Does the problem persist when you disconnect from the WLAN?

Note the restriction applicable to Freelance versions (as outlined on TranslationZone):

SDL Trados 2006 Freelance is designed to work in a single user environment and thus only one instance can run on a network at any one time. SDL Trados 2006 Professional is required in order to share translation memories on internal networks (LAN) and provide multiple users the ability to simultaneously work on a network and have access to the same translation memories.

When Trados Freelance detects more than one Freelance instance in the same network, it will switch to demo. Could it be that someone else is using Trados on the same network?

Frus-Trados customer

On a personal note, as much as I can understand your frustration about software problems (having been there myself), this doesn't exactly get your problem solved.

Best regards,
Ralf

Switzerland
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 22, 2006

Hi,

I think you might be right. Since this is the Translation Faculty Library in Barcelona, probably there will be more people using Trados. I had not though about it. As soon as I get the licence I will check what you propose. Thank you. I tell you in a while.

Switzerland
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You were right! Mar 23, 2006

I have double checked it and there is another translator in the library working with Trados.
Now the problem is solved!

Thank you very much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Frus-Trados Demo Mode- Workbench

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs