Thread poster: Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 12:12
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Apr 4, 2006

I received 12 ttx files from my customer and Transit wil not accept them, so I will have to work in Trados

I dimly recall what I read on this forum (some time ago): several files can be merged for processing as one file now (in SDL Trados 2006) - can somebody give me reference where I can find more about it?

TiA

Antonin

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Analyse and export unknown segments Apr 9, 2006

Try to analyse all the files. Then press "export unknown segments". Enter 99 procent before processing, and be careful to choose "Word" as file type before saving the new file.

Translate the file marked "xxxx_Unknown" in TE or Word.

The TM will get updated, and when you are finished, chose the function in Trados called "Translate", and choose to "Update the documents".

You know have bilungual files. If you clients want clean files, use the Clean function.
... See more
Try to analyse all the files. Then press "export unknown segments". Enter 99 procent before processing, and be careful to choose "Word" as file type before saving the new file.

Translate the file marked "xxxx_Unknown" in TE or Word.

The TM will get updated, and when you are finished, chose the function in Trados called "Translate", and choose to "Update the documents".

You know have bilungual files. If you clients want clean files, use the Clean function.

Good luck.

By the way: This is the way I use to handle Trados projects, and this saves a lot of time for huge files, especially if you are not supposed to proof read the 100 % matches. If you have to, choose another option before exporting.
Collapse

Lincoln Giles
Lincoln Giles  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
SDL Trados Glue Apr 9, 2006

I think you probably read about the new Glue function Antoní­n. I've processed several projects with it in the past few weeks and am very pleased with the results.

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Glue Apr 9, 2006

In between I have been able to persuade Transit to accept the files; so I get the "glue" as a standard feature.

But if I have to work in Trados some time in the future, where can I find info about "Trados Glue" - neither the Trados help nor typing "Trados Glue" in Google search gave me any idea what is is and/or how to activate and use it. Pehraps you can give me a http link to its reference?

Antonin

[Edited at 2006-04-09 16:35]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Merge ttx files for Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »