export file
Thread poster: ca_lop
ca_lop  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 4, 2006

Hi!
I have upgraded from trados 5 to SDL Trados 7. I want to create an export file of the TM
I am using, but the option is not highlighted. Does anyone know if it is an installation problem and how can I solve it?
Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

PCovs
Denmark
Local time: 05:30
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
Export in Trados 5, then import in Trados 7 Apr 4, 2006

As far as I know, you should first export the TM in Trados 5, install Trados 7, and then import this export file, but I am not entirely sure.

It seems that the TM you have opened is empty.
Have you checked?

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your answer Apr 4, 2006

PCovs wrote:

As far as I know, you should first export the TM in Trados 5, install Trados 7, and then import this export file, but I am not entirely sure.

It seems that the TM you have opened is empty.
Have you checked?

Hi!
I am working with Trados 7 now, and this is a TM I have imported and have been working on. Now I want to create an export of this TM. When I worked with Trados 5 I opened any TM, went to File, export, and created the ttx. I did the same now but the export option was not highlighted.

PCovs
Denmark
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
Sounds weird Apr 4, 2006

Have you by any chance assigned any access rights passwords such as for reading/writing only?

Off hand, I really cannot think of any other reason for this happening, except if the TM is somehow corrupted or empty for some reason. Sorry.

RWSTranslation
Germany
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Trados Version Apr 4, 2006

Hello,

which version of Trados 7.1 do you use ?

Maybe you can open the tm exclusively (there can be a check box in tho open dialog).

Hans

PCovs
Denmark
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
Another thought... Apr 4, 2006

The original import file may have been corrupted.

This could be checked by importing it again into an empty TM in Trados 7 and then trying to export it. If this is not possible either, then there's your problem.

Just grasping at straws here ;o/

Matthias Quaschning-Kirsch  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Swedish to German
+ ...
@DSC Apr 6, 2006

What Hans points out seems to be right. If certain features are highleghted but others not, everything seems to indicate that the TM is not opened in exclusive mode.
As he already wrote: Try via File > Open, and be sure that the little "esclusive"-box in the bottom is checked.

Best regards
Matthias

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You´re right!! Apr 7, 2006

MatthiasQKirsch wrote:

What Hans points out seems to be right. If certain features are highleghted but others not, everything seems to indicate that the TM is not opened in exclusive mode.
As he already wrote: Try via File > Open, and be sure that the little "esclusive"-box in the bottom is checked.

Best regards
Matthias

Thank you so much. I did what both of you told me and the problem was fixed.
Best regards.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

export file

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs