Ziad Marzouka
Ziad Marzouka  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 12:51
English to Arabic
+ ...
Apr 13, 2006

Hello,
My work doesn't require the use of TagEditor a lot, but I have used it more than once in the past and I had no problems at all. But now I am translating some webpages from English into Arabic. (As you know Arabic is written from right to left unlike English) and the translated text appears all mixed up! first of all the alignment appears to be from left to right, and second if there's an English word in the middle of the Arabic text, all the text appears mixed up. I don't have much
... See more
Hello,
My work doesn't require the use of TagEditor a lot, but I have used it more than once in the past and I had no problems at all. But now I am translating some webpages from English into Arabic. (As you know Arabic is written from right to left unlike English) and the translated text appears all mixed up! first of all the alignment appears to be from left to right, and second if there's an English word in the middle of the Arabic text, all the text appears mixed up. I don't have much experience with this program so I would really appreciate any help. Thanks very much!

Ziad

[Edited at 2006-04-13 05:49]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:51
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... Apr 13, 2006

...to SDL Trados Support - please use this forum to post topics related to SDL and/or Trados.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor and Arabic

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »