Thread poster: Karin Kutscher
Karin Kutscher
Karin Kutscher  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 13, 2006

Greetings all

I'm using Trados 6.5 and I have a memory that contains TUs created by many users. When performing a search using Concordance, I'd like to see listed at the top those entries that I have created myself.

Please kindly list the steps to be followed. Thanks!!

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:52
Swedish to English
+ ...
A suggestion Apr 13, 2006

Perhaps someone else has a more correct or more ingenious solution, but from what I know this can be done, sort of, but by fiddling around with files in a way that may be too labour-intensive. But this is how I would do it (in Trados 7, but I think it can also be done in 6.5):

In Workbench, export a file of data that has been created by you (select "Created by" and add your username to the criterion list before you export).

With this file, create a new TM, and set the U
... See more
Perhaps someone else has a more correct or more ingenious solution, but from what I know this can be done, sort of, but by fiddling around with files in a way that may be too labour-intensive. But this is how I would do it (in Trados 7, but I think it can also be done in 6.5):

In Workbench, export a file of data that has been created by you (select "Created by" and add your username to the criterion list before you export).

With this file, create a new TM, and set the User ID to your name.

In Concordance F3, select Option, Concordance, Set Reference (read-only) to your TM, also click "Search first in reference translation memory".

That should then show your TM first, followed by everything in your original TM with multiple users. (You may have to remove all your entries in the original TM by going into Maintenance, filtering on your User, and deleting all entries you have created).

Sounds more work than it is worth.
Collapse

Karin Kutscher
Karin Kutscher  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great advice Apr 13, 2006

Peter Linton wrote:

(...)

Sounds more work than it is worth.

It wasn't! And it worked! Thanks a lot.

Daniel García
Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Good tip! Apr 14, 2006

Yeah, I'll write it down for my list of Trados tricks!

Thanks!

Daniel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sorting Concordance (F3) entries per "Created by:"

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »