Stefanie Neubert
Stefanie Neubert  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 01:52
English to German
+ ...
Apr 20, 2006

TagEditor keeps me busy.

I am translating English to German in an ISC file with Tag Editor (Trados 7.0.0.615). Unfortunately I am not able to insert entities... pretty annoying as I need to use the German szlig (thanks god I can insert Umlaute via my keybord) and am copying it from word right at the moment.

Has anybody a clue what I could have done wrong or what settings need to be changed???

Thanks in advance!

Olaf (X)
Olaf (X)
English to German
You can assign entities to keyboard shortcuts Apr 20, 2006

I'm still a bit puzzled why you can enter the other umlauts normally and need to use the szlig entity for ß and I don't know why TagEditor won't let you insert the szlig entity, but you should be able to assign it to a TE keyboard shortcut as a workaround.
Simply right-click the TE toolbar and click Customise Tag Toolbar... Then click one of the user defined shortcuts (CTRL+1, CTRL+2 etc.) and the Assign Entity button to assign the szlig ligature.
If you don't see the szlig entity
... See more
I'm still a bit puzzled why you can enter the other umlauts normally and need to use the szlig entity for ß and I don't know why TagEditor won't let you insert the szlig entity, but you should be able to assign it to a TE keyboard shortcut as a workaround.
Simply right-click the TE toolbar and click Customise Tag Toolbar... Then click one of the user defined shortcuts (CTRL+1, CTRL+2 etc.) and the Assign Entity button to assign the szlig ligature.
If you don't see the szlig entity in the list, make sure that the correct Tag Settings INI file is selected in the Tag Settings Manager.

Hope this helps,
Olaf
Collapse

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Entities in isc files ??? Apr 20, 2006

Hello,

why do you want to insert entities in an isc file (isc based ttx file). I thinka that entities are not supported by the InDesign export format.

Hans

Stefanie Neubert
Stefanie Neubert  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Portuguese keyboard... Apr 20, 2006

I am typing on a "Portuguese keyboard" thus I am able to put in ä, ö, ü directly but not the German sz.

Meanwhile I also came up with the great idea (!) to change the settings for my keyboard. Now it works of course... ;o)

I also kind of suspected that the InDesign format does not allow to insert any entities but hoped to find a way around. Right mouse click does therefore also not work - and again I learned something unevitable and important for my work... *big sm
... See more
I am typing on a "Portuguese keyboard" thus I am able to put in ä, ö, ü directly but not the German sz.

Meanwhile I also came up with the great idea (!) to change the settings for my keyboard. Now it works of course... ;o)

I also kind of suspected that the InDesign format does not allow to insert any entities but hoped to find a way around. Right mouse click does therefore also not work - and again I learned something unevitable and important for my work... *big smile....

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Liebe Grüβe! Stefanie
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor > Insert Entity

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »