https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/45743-problem_with_wrong_language_settings_in_ttx_file_from_customer.html

Problem with wrong language settings in ttx file from customer
Thread poster: Elke Vogelsang
Elke Vogelsang
Elke Vogelsang  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:59
English to German
Apr 24, 2006

Hi there,

maybe anybody here can help me.

I got a ttx file from a client which was created by SDLX XConvert. This file is set to English > Portuguese. The TM delivered by my client is English > German. That's my working language pair. When I try to open the ttx file in Tageditor Trados 7.0, I get an error message that the ttx file does not contain the same language pair as the TM and therefore the connection to the TM will be disabled.

When I try to say "S
... See more
Hi there,

maybe anybody here can help me.

I got a ttx file from a client which was created by SDLX XConvert. This file is set to English > Portuguese. The TM delivered by my client is English > German. That's my working language pair. When I try to open the ttx file in Tageditor Trados 7.0, I get an error message that the ttx file does not contain the same language pair as the TM and therefore the connection to the TM will be disabled.

When I try to say "Save Bilingual As" to retrieve the former itd file and import this file into a new ttx file, I get an error message that this is only possible with SDLX 2005 SR or higher. Ok, but what to do to tell my ttx file that it should now have the language pair English > German? Is there any easy way round?

Thanks for any hints.
Elke
Collapse

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Open in Notepad/Wordpad Apr 24, 2006

Hello Elke,

I suggest you open your TTX file in Notepad, or better Wordpad, and replace all occurrences of PT (or whatever the abbreviation for Portuguese is) with DE-DE.

Hope that helps.

Sonja

P.S. You may have to check whether the TTX header contains any information on the target language, and if so, change that one too.

Elke Vogelsang
Elke Vogelsang  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Marvellous Apr 24, 2006

Hello Sonja,

Thank you so much. Worked well.
Elke

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... Apr 24, 2006

...to SDL Trados Support - please use this forum to post topics related to SDL and/or Trados.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with wrong language settings in ttx file from customer

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »