Thread poster: krtko
krtko
China
Local time: 12:45
English to Croatian
+ ...
Apr 27, 2006

Hi

I tried to open TM that a client sent me, and it reported the following: (50022) This version of Workbench doesn't suport v7.00 translation memories. Is there a way to solve this? Any help appreciated, since I do not have too much time. Thanks in advance

Krtko

Direct link Reply with quote

Chiara Comini
Local time: 05:45
English to Italian
+ ...
Ask the customer to export the TM as txt Apr 27, 2006

I fear the Trados memory you received from the customer has been created with an higher version and your 6.5 cannot read the tmw. However if the customer exports the memory as text file you can import the result in your version of Workbench.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Chiara

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:45
English to German
+ ...
Ask your client to provide a text export Apr 27, 2006

Hi Krtko,
Although T6.5 cannot read TMs created with T7.x, you can read text exports. Remind your client to choose 2.x-6.x format when exporting.

HTH, Ralf

krtko
China
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanx Ralf Apr 27, 2006

Many thanks Ralf.

krtko
China
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Grazie mille Apr 27, 2006

Grazie mille, Chiaretta!

chiaretta wrote:

I fear the Trados memory you received from the customer has been created with an higher version and your 6.5 cannot read the tmw. However if the customer exports the memory as text file you can import the result in your version of Workbench.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Chiara

Halbedel
English to German
Same error occurs when a v7.0 TM is specified as reference TM. Sep 26, 2006

Hi,

I just wanted to add a comment here, because this has happened to me and even though it was easy to fix, it took me a while to find out what the problem was:

The same error (50022) occurs if a v7.0 TM is specified as reference TM. To fix this, go to your Translation Memory options and click the Concordance tab. There, you can change the settings for the reference TMs.

Halbedel

[Bearbeitet am 2006-09-26 17:29]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados workbench 6.5 Freelance does not support v 7.00

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs