Mobile menu

TagEditor with files ttx or isc
Thread poster: Isabel67

Isabel67  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:23
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 29, 2006

I have a problem. I only used Trados with "Word" files.

Now, I received files to translate from English to Portuguese with extension ttx and isc to work with TagEditor. I don't know how to open them and to use the TagEditor.

Can you help me?

Thank you,

Isabel

Direct link Reply with quote

Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 15:23
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
ISC = InDesign Apr 29, 2006

Hi,

I recently received similar files for the first time.

The .isc file is easily opened and processed in TagEditor, but you'll need the program Adobe InDesign to view the clean file (i.e. the results).

You can also view the (unclean) results in Word, but in that case the tags will also be displayed in grey font.

TTX is the format describing unclean Trados TagEditor files. This can easily be opened in TagEditor.

Good Luck, Doron

[Edited at 2006-04-29 19:10]

Vauwe
Local time: 14:23
English to German
+ ...
InDesign May 1, 2006

Yes, it is InDesign as Doron already told you.
You can download a 30 day trail version from the Adobe site to convert isc files back to Indesign in order to check the translation you've done.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor with files ttx or isc

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs