Aida Alves
Aida Alves  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 21:20
Member (2006)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
May 3, 2006

I have opened the T-Window but wasn't able to open the Excel file I want to translate. Do I need to convert it to a different format? If anyone could help me with his I would be very greatful.

Rgds,
Aida Alves

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:20
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... May 3, 2006

...to SDL Trados Support - please use this forum for all Trados-related issues.

Is there any particular reason why you cannot use TagEditor?

Best regards,
Ralf

stinker
stinker
German to English
T-Windows fpr Excel May 12, 2006

AAlves wrote:

I have opened the T-Window but wasn't able to open the Excel file I want to translate. Do I need to convert it to a different format? If anyone could help me with his I would be very greatful.

Rgds,
Aida Alves

Hi,

just tried it out myself.

You cannot just open the Excel file in T-Windows. Create a new project (name doesnt matter), select your excel file as the source file to be translated - the target file is automaticalled assigned the same name and "_translated" is appended to it.

Just remember, T-Windows only displays one column of one sheet at any one time. You can select your columns via a pull-down menu located (usually) on the right hand side of the T-Windows toolbar. The same applies to the sheet selection.

Anabel Canon
Anabel Canon
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem May 19, 2006

stinker wrote:

Just remember, T-Windows only displays one column of one sheet at any one time. You can select your columns via a pull-down menu located (usually) on the right hand side of the T-Windows toolbar. The same applies to the sheet selection.

Hi! I'm having the same problem Aida had, and, even after opening a new "_translated" document, I can't see the complete text to translate: only the column numbers. I'm trying to find the pull-down menu... but I can't find it!!

It is probably a silly detail I'm missing, but it's my first time working with Excel... Thanks in advance!

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TagEditor...? May 19, 2006

Hi all,
Just reiterating my question - why don't you use TagEditor?

Puzzled, Ralf

Anabel Canon
Anabel Canon
English to Spanish
+ ...
Unpuzzling Ralf May 19, 2006

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi all,
Just reiterating my question - why don't you use TagEditor?

Puzzled, Ralf

I was only considering T-Windows for no particular reasons at all... but I have already switched to Tag and things go smoothly now.

Thanks for your patience!

[Edited at 2006-05-19 21:48]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to work with Trados (6.5) T-Window for Excel

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »