Thread poster: carlos cegarra sanmartin
carlos cegarra sanmartin
carlos cegarra sanmartin  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 4, 2006

Hi all, I am leaning to use my recently purchased Trados 7 Freelance and would like to know how can I make disappear the source text from the translation document.
what I do is to open first the original document; then I translate directly on it with Workbench and a previous made Translation memory (maybe I should duplicate the source doc., but what difference could it make).
Anyway, when I translate, unlike in the tutorials, the source text doesn't disappear and remains together wit
... See more
Hi all, I am leaning to use my recently purchased Trados 7 Freelance and would like to know how can I make disappear the source text from the translation document.
what I do is to open first the original document; then I translate directly on it with Workbench and a previous made Translation memory (maybe I should duplicate the source doc., but what difference could it make).
Anyway, when I translate, unlike in the tutorials, the source text doesn't disappear and remains together with the translation separated by this kind of sings
Collapse

Jalapeno
Jalapeno
Local time: 14:56
English to German
Display hidden text - option in MS Word May 4, 2006

Not quite sure what the English terms are in MS Word, but it should be something along the lines of "Extras" --> "Options" --> "Display hidden text". Uncheck that box, and the Source Text should not be displayed any longer once you've translated a segment.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados - Translating: show/hide text

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »