Mobile menu

Trados - Translating: show/hide text
Thread poster: carlos cegarra sanmartin

carlos cegarra sanmartin  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 4, 2006

Hi all, I am leaning to use my recently purchased Trados 7 Freelance and would like to know how can I make disappear the source text from the translation document.
what I do is to open first the original document; then I translate directly on it with Workbench and a previous made Translation memory (maybe I should duplicate the source doc., but what difference could it make).
Anyway, when I translate, unlike in the tutorials, the source text doesn't disappear and remains together with the translation separated by this kind of sings

Direct link Reply with quote
Local time: 02:33
English to German
Display hidden text - option in MS Word May 4, 2006

Not quite sure what the English terms are in MS Word, but it should be something along the lines of "Extras" --> "Options" --> "Display hidden text". Uncheck that box, and the Source Text should not be displayed any longer once you've translated a segment.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados - Translating: show/hide text

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs