Thread poster: Renata Swigonska

Renata Swigonska  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:51
English to Polish
+ ...
May 4, 2006

Hello everybody,
As a certified translator I use a special template in Word for my target translations. However, having translated a text in Workbench (Trados 7.0) I ussually have problems with putting the translated file into my template. My problem is as follows: margins and setup of translated text and template are usually different and not adjusted to each other. What would you suggest I should do to omitt manual adjustement in each case? Thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

Denis HAY  Identity Verified
English to French
Use a simple copy+paste unformatted process May 5, 2006

Hi Renata,

In your case, your best bet is to simply translate your document using Trados without this specific template, then copy your cleaned translation to the clipboard (Ctrl+C) and paste it as unformatted text (use the "Paste special" option from Word's Edit menu) in a new blank document using your template.

This way, your text will automatically use the appropriate style options you need.

Kind regards,
Denis

Renata Swigonska  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Text with sophisticated format May 8, 2006

Denis HAY wrote:

Hi Renata,

In your case, your best bet is to simply translate your document using Trados without this specific template, then copy your cleaned translation to the clipboard (Ctrl+C) and paste it as unformatted text (use the "Paste special" option from Word's Edit menu) in a new blank document using your template.

This way, your text will automatically use the appropriate style options you need.

Kind regards,
Denis

Hi Denis,

Thanks for your piece of advice. It was very helpful to me, however in case of translated texts with more sophisticated format, this method doesn't work. Any sugesstions?

Yours Renata

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Putting file translated in Workbench into Word template

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums