Thread poster: Herminia Herrándiz Espuny

Herminia Herrándiz Espuny  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 6, 2006

Dear collegues,

After spending 1 hour trying to import an Excel file into Multiterm 7.0, once I've been able to import it, I open SDL Trados and tick the option "Term recognition" but I keep getting the message: "(-2147467259) Couldn't connect to Multiterm. Probably not running", although Multiterm is open... I have no idea what to do...

Any idea would be very welcome.

Best regards from Spain.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Please check the settings May 6, 2006

You did not tell us the version of your Trados, but comming from MT 7, I assume it is 7 or above.

Go to Options - Term Recognition Options and select the proper MT version there. Most probably your Workbench looks to communicate with Multiterm 5.5.
And don´t forget to chose the proper termbase and language pair at the same place.

HTH
Jerzy

Herminia Herrándiz Espuny  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 9, 2006

Thank you for your help, I had to turn off the computer and when I turned it on everything work perfect... weird

Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
same problem Jun 30, 2006

Dear Collegues

I have the same problem (or nearly the same) as Herminia.
When I try to pick Multiterm 7 (instead of Multiterm 5) from the drop down menu under options - termrecognition, I get the message "cannot create" 214746729 unknown error.
Although I have Multiterm 7 and Trados 7. I have tried with Multiterm open, closed, Termbase open, closed...Does not work...

What does this mean?

Can anybody help?

Many thanks

András Kiss  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
More settings are needed Jan 16, 2008

Besides selecting the appropriate MultiTerm version, do the following as well:

In the Terminology Recognition Options window, click the "Browse" button under Termbase Location.

In the Open Termbases popup window, select the termbase you want to use. If no termbase is in the list, click the green cross and select the termbase you want to use. Only the termbases loaded into MultiTerm are listed. If your termbase is not in the list, first load it into MultiTerm (Termbase > Load external termbase - this applies to MultiTerm 7).

Then in the Terminology Recognition Options again, select the source and target language under Language selection.

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
multiterm is killing me Apr 10, 2008

Leena vom Hofe wrote:

Dear Collegues

I have the same problem (or nearly the same) as Herminia.
When I try to pick Multiterm 7 (instead of Multiterm 5) from the drop down menu under options - termrecognition, I get the message "cannot create" 214746729 unknown error.
Although I have Multiterm 7 and Trados 7. I have tried with Multiterm open, closed, Termbase open, closed...Does not work...

What does this mean?

Can anybody help?

Many thanks

Almost two years on, I have the exact same problem. Trados Workbench 7, Multiterm 7, and I get the "cannot create" error message when I try to select Option/Term recognition options/Multiterm version 7.

Am I doing something wrong? (Entirely possible, this is the first time I try to get workbench and multiterm to cooperate. All I've done is start both programs.) Google turned up this thread and not much else.

Any help much appreciated!

---------------------------------

Edited:

Problem now solved based on info in this thread: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/91456-multiterm_and_word:_error_when_selecting_termbase-.html

Fingers crossed hoping it will continue to work.

[Edited at 2008-04-11 07:54]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados says it cannot connect to Multiterm 7, although Multiterm is open

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs