Herminia Herrándiz Espuny
Herminia Herrándiz Espuny  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:46
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 6, 2006

Dear collegues,

After spending 1 hour trying to import an Excel file into Multiterm 7.0, once I've been able to import it, I open SDL Trados and tick the option "Term recognition" but I keep getting the message: "(-2147467259) Couldn't connect to Multiterm. Probably not running", although Multiterm is open... I have no idea what to do...

Any idea would be very welcome.

Best regards from Spain.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Please check the settings May 6, 2006

You did not tell us the version of your Trados, but comming from MT 7, I assume it is 7 or above.

Go to Options - Term Recognition Options and select the proper MT version there. Most probably your Workbench looks to communicate with Multiterm 5.5.
And don´t forget to chose the proper termbase and language pair at the same place.

HTH
Jerzy

Herminia Herrándiz Espuny
Herminia Herrándiz Espuny  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 9, 2006

Thank you for your help, I had to turn off the computer and when I turned it on everything work perfect... weird

Leena vom Hofe
Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
same problem Jun 30, 2006

Dear Collegues

I have the same problem (or nearly the same) as Herminia.
When I try to pick Multiterm 7 (instead of Multiterm 5) from the drop down menu under options - termrecognition, I get the message "cannot create" 214746729 unknown error.
Although I have Multiterm 7 and Trados 7. I have tried with Multiterm open, closed, Termbase open, closed...Does not work...

What does this mean?

Can anybody help?

Many thanks

András Kiss
András Kiss  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
More settings are needed Jan 16, 2008

Besides selecting the appropriate MultiTerm version, do the following as well:

In the Terminology Recognition Options window, click the "Browse" button under Termbase Location.

In the Open Termbases popup window, select the termbase you want to use. If no termbase is in the list, click the green cross and select the termbase you want to use. Only the termbases loaded into MultiTerm are listed. If your termbase is not in the list, first load it into MultiTerm (Termbase >
... See more
Besides selecting the appropriate MultiTerm version, do the following as well:

In the Terminology Recognition Options window, click the "Browse" button under Termbase Location.

In the Open Termbases popup window, select the termbase you want to use. If no termbase is in the list, click the green cross and select the termbase you want to use. Only the termbases loaded into MultiTerm are listed. If your termbase is not in the list, first load it into MultiTerm (Termbase > Load external termbase - this applies to MultiTerm 7).

Then in the Terminology Recognition Options again, select the source and target language under Language selection.
Collapse

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
multiterm is killing me Apr 10, 2008

Leena vom Hofe wrote:

Dear Collegues

I have the same problem (or nearly the same) as Herminia.
When I try to pick Multiterm 7 (instead of Multiterm 5) from the drop down menu under options - termrecognition, I get the message "cannot create" 214746729 unknown error.
Although I have Multiterm 7 and Trados 7. I have tried with Multiterm open, closed, Termbase open, closed...Does not work...

What does this mean?

Can anybody help?

Many thanks

Almost two years on, I have the exact same problem. Trados Workbench 7, Multiterm 7, and I get the "cannot create" error message when I try to select Option/Term recognition options/Multiterm version 7.

Am I doing something wrong? (Entirely possible, this is the first time I try to get workbench and multiterm to cooperate. All I've done is start both programs.) Google turned up this thread and not much else.

Any help much appreciated!

---------------------------------

Edited:

Problem now solved based on info in this thread: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/91456-multiterm_and_word:_error_when_selecting_termbase-.html

Fingers crossed hoping it will continue to work.

[Edited at 2008-04-11 07:54]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados says it cannot connect to Multiterm 7, although Multiterm is open

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »