Thread poster: Luca Ruella
Luca Ruella
Luca Ruella  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
May 12, 2006

We are translating a word document with SDL Trados 2006.

We have a problem with some segments that are just before or that are part of a bullet list.

We open the segment, translate it but then when we try to close it, the segment stays open.

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:00
English to French
+ ...
Try this May 12, 2006

If you can't Set/Close the segment, then just Close it. Then, when you open it again, it will probably let you Set/Close.

I would also check to see if the segment marks are there and healthy. To do this, you would have to specify in your Word options that Word should display hidden text.

There also might be section breaks or page breaks before or after the segments you have trouble with. What I do to get rid of this problem is inserting an empty line before or after th
... See more
If you can't Set/Close the segment, then just Close it. Then, when you open it again, it will probably let you Set/Close.

I would also check to see if the segment marks are there and healthy. To do this, you would have to specify in your Word options that Word should display hidden text.

There also might be section breaks or page breaks before or after the segments you have trouble with. What I do to get rid of this problem is inserting an empty line before or after the section break, and that fixes problems with breaks. However, I take note of the inserted blank lines and remove them after cleaning the document, to preserve the exact formatting of the document.

Hope this helps!

[Edited at 2006-05-12 19:20]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot close a segment

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »