https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/47485-shortcut_to_resume_a_translation_on_tag_editor.html

Shortcut to resume a translation on Tag Editor
Thread poster: María Teresa Taylor Oliver
María Teresa Taylor Oliver
María Teresa Taylor Oliver  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 00:02
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 16, 2006

Hi. I apologize if this has been asked before, but I've already did a search and found nothing...

I'm using Tag Editor 6.5. I've been working on the same file since yesterday, and now I'm going to continue, but I'd like to know if there is a way to go straight to the first non-translated unit on the file without having to scroll down through the whole document (short of doing a fuzzy translation, which would take time anyway).

I'm familiar with the Alt+Home shortcut i
... See more
Hi. I apologize if this has been asked before, but I've already did a search and found nothing...

I'm using Tag Editor 6.5. I've been working on the same file since yesterday, and now I'm going to continue, but I'd like to know if there is a way to go straight to the first non-translated unit on the file without having to scroll down through the whole document (short of doing a fuzzy translation, which would take time anyway).

I'm familiar with the Alt+Home shortcut in Wordfast, but I tried it with TagEditor and it doesn't work, i.e. it goes to the first TU in the file, not to the first non-translated one.

Thanks a million!

[Edited at 2006-05-16 13:16]
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 07:02
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
If there's such a shortcut, I still have to find it... May 16, 2006

I do traslate to fuzzy, enjoying to watch the already translated part fly by - makes you forget the untranslated rest of the file for a moment;)

smo

[Edited at 2006-05-16 13:21]

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Set Close Next no 100% Open Get May 16, 2006

Don't know if this works in your version, but you're looking for the "Set Close Next no 100% Open Get" command, shortcut key "Alt" + "Ctrl" + "Num+". Open any Translation Unit in the top part of your document to be able to access this command. It will skip everything you have already translated until it comes across an unknown TU.

@Vito: Automatically translating "to next fuzzy" is rarely a safe thing to do, as the same TU often needs to be translated differently depending on contex
... See more
Don't know if this works in your version, but you're looking for the "Set Close Next no 100% Open Get" command, shortcut key "Alt" + "Ctrl" + "Num+". Open any Translation Unit in the top part of your document to be able to access this command. It will skip everything you have already translated until it comes across an unknown TU.

@Vito: Automatically translating "to next fuzzy" is rarely a safe thing to do, as the same TU often needs to be translated differently depending on context. Also, it takes longer than this other function I just mentioned.

There's yet another feature in Trados 7 that you can use to find the spot where you stopped translating yesterday evening: Comments.

Just add a comment to the last TU you translated saying "HERE" or something like that. Then, you can just double-click that comment in the comments list to jump to the spot.

HTH,
Benjamin

(edited for clarity)

[Edited at 2006-05-16 13:41]
Collapse

Daniel Ollivier
Daniel Ollivier
Local time: 00:02
English to French
A solution that works in any application... May 16, 2006

I simply add my name at the end of the last segment I translated. When I'm ready to complete the translation, I simply search for my name, open the the segment, erase my name and continue to translate.

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
'to next fuzzy': rarely a safe thing to do May 18, 2006

First of all it is stupid - if your intention is not catching misfits while going down the mineshaft.

Safe? I avoid as much as I can multiple translations. Sometimes I dont (g).

Lep pozdrav

smo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Shortcut to resume a translation on Tag Editor

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »