Stephen Rifkind  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 04:58
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
May 19, 2006

Dear colleagues:

I have Trados 7. I have a partially tranlated document that I want to "clean up" so I can divide it into smaller files. When I try to clean it up, error 50202 shows up, saying ole com error or file name.

The file name ends with a doc.

Please advise me what to do.

TIA

Yours truly,

Stephen Rifkind

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-05-19 19:33]

Anne Bohy
Anne Bohy  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:58
English to French
split the source, use your TM May 19, 2006

If it's partially translated, then your TM contains already something !
Why not start from the source file, split it, and then use your TM to re-generate the bilingual contents (translate to fuzzy...).

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check the Trados KB May 19, 2006

Hi Stephen,
Searching for this error number in the Trados Knowledge Base finds article 1377, which provides a suggested workaround.

As an alternative, you can manually 'force' a cleanup by running the Tw4winClean.Main macro. Use the the forum search if you're not familiar with this; the function has been discussed here on numerous occasions.

HT
... See more
Hi Stephen,
Searching for this error number in the Trados Knowledge Base finds article 1377, which provides a suggested workaround.

As an alternative, you can manually 'force' a cleanup by running the Tw4winClean.Main macro. Use the the forum search if you're not familiar with this; the function has been discussed here on numerous occasions.

HTH, Ralf
Collapse

Stephen Rifkind
Stephen Rifkind  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 04:58
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Belated thanks May 21, 2006

Thank you for all your answers. Since there are many ways to skin a cat, I ended up copy/pasting the section in question to a separate word document and cleaning up the latter. It worked fine.

Have a wonderful week.

Stephen Rifkind

Carlos Hernández
Carlos Hernández
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Repair MS Office Sep 28, 2006

I had the same problem but I was determined to solve the problem without having to use any time-consuming walkaround for the rest of my life. So since Trados knowledgebase didn't provide any patch or real solution, I decided to investigate a little further.
All evidence pointed at a word error, not a trados error, so I supposed that there might be a problem with a MS Office dll or a windows registry entry.
Finaly I decided to take a determined step and assume the risk of repairing
... See more
I had the same problem but I was determined to solve the problem without having to use any time-consuming walkaround for the rest of my life. So since Trados knowledgebase didn't provide any patch or real solution, I decided to investigate a little further.
All evidence pointed at a word error, not a trados error, so I supposed that there might be a problem with a MS Office dll or a windows registry entry.
Finaly I decided to take a determined step and assume the risk of repairing MS Office. This worked perfectly.
You may try it too. Just insert MS Installation disk, select repair Office and it will reinstall all the application components without altering your configuration, templates, icons or anything whatsoever.
Hope it helps!

[Editado a las 2006-09-28 23:27]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Error 50202

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »