MultiTerm Extract 7.0: Error 1102 - Error reading files
Thread poster: LittleBalu
LittleBalu
Germany
Local time: 08:20
English to German
+ ...
May 22, 2006

I use Windows XP Professional, Office 2000, Trados Freelance 7.0 and MultiTerm Extract 7.0, Build 7.0.2.151 on my computer.

The above error message pops up when I try to extract terms from a Word document for a monolingual project.

The strange thing is that extracting terms works with some Word documents but not with others. I haven't been able to figure out for which it does and for which it does not.

Has anybody out there experienced similar problems?

This is a project I have taken on for a colleague, and any help would be much appreciated. Thanks very much in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Bertold Kiss  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2005)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
The same... Aug 23, 2006

Dear LittleBalu,

Today I am faced with the same problem: Error reading files in MultiTerm Extract, at a given kind of word document. Did you succeed to figure out the reason of this error message?

Thanks
Bertold

LittleBalu
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Berthold: No and yes... Aug 23, 2006

Dear Berthold,

I haven't been able to figure out WHY MultiTerm Extract works with some WORD documents but not with others. I submitted a support ticket with SDL and received the following reply:

Please can you download and install the latest version of MultiTerm on your PC and try again. The current version of MultiTerm is 7.1.0.361 (Build 361) - this will be available for you to download from the customer center.

Unquote

Great help, don't you think??? I did NOT upgrade to Build 361.

What worked for me was that I created a new WORD document, copied the text from the one that didn't work and inserted it into the newly created document (using "Inhalte einfügen" from the "Bearbeiten" menu to avoid copying any unwanted formatting). MultiTerm Extract had no problem extracting the terms from that file, so I suppose the problem was somehow related to the file supplied by my customer.

What exactly the problem was/is? No idea.

Let me know if this does the trick for you, too.

HTH and best regards,
LB

Vadim Sozykin
Russian Federation
Local time: 10:20
Spanish to Russian
+ ...
Yes! Nov 19, 2010

I've had the same error with a huge document of 254 pages. There was a problem with one of the tables, and when I converted some 3 first tables in the document into text with tabs, TermExtract processed it well without any errors!!! .)))
So, I guess you need somehow learn the problem with the original text, it's MS Word formatting.
Maybe tables make the problem o_0

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm Extract 7.0: Error 1102 - Error reading files

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs