Trados 7.1 > InDesign CS2 > Lower versions of Trados
Thread poster: talbieh
talbieh
talbieh
English to Spanish
May 23, 2006

I have a TTX file that was created from an INX file with Trados 7.1. When I open it in a lower version of Trados, I get the error “Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format: Filter definition not found: TRADOS InDesign Filter 1.0.0.0". Clicking OK gives me the error: “Filter definition not found: TRADOS InDesign Filter 1.0.0.0″.

Is there a way that the person who used 7.1 to create the file can send me the filter or is there somewhere I can download it fr
... See more
I have a TTX file that was created from an INX file with Trados 7.1. When I open it in a lower version of Trados, I get the error “Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format: Filter definition not found: TRADOS InDesign Filter 1.0.0.0". Clicking OK gives me the error: “Filter definition not found: TRADOS InDesign Filter 1.0.0.0″.

Is there a way that the person who used 7.1 to create the file can send me the filter or is there somewhere I can download it from? Thanks
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 23:04
German
+ ...
Not to my knowledge May 23, 2006

InDesign CS2 support is a new feature of Trados 7.1. The filter is integral to that product (and copyrighted), so it can't be downloaded.

Regards,
Benjamin

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Same error message at cleanup Aug 3, 2006

Hi all,

I get the same error message at cleanup.

Luckily, I found the answer on SDL's website:
See more
Hi all,

I get the same error message at cleanup.

Luckily, I found the answer on SDL's website:
http://sdl.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sdl.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_sid=wR1pn8ei&p_lva=1784&p_li=&p_faqid=1790&p_created=1150832367&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PWRmbHQmcF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTImcF9wcm9kcz0xOCZwX2NhdHM9MzUmcF9wdj0xLjE4JnBfY3Y9MS4zNSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX2V4JnBfc2NmX0xhbmd1YWdlPSZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PTIxNDc0NjcyNTk*

Best,

Jan
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Link Aug 3, 2006

Here's a cleaned-up version of that link, in case somebody wants to add it to their bookmarks or something:
http://sdl.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sdl.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1790

Please note that this has nothing to do with the initial poster's question, though.

HTH,
Benjamin

Stamatia
Stamatia
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Link to Trados answer does not work Dec 15, 2010

Hi Jan, Benjamin,

Unfortunately your links do not work. Could you please check?
This is just about my problem.

Thanks, Carola

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
New URL Dec 15, 2010

Hi Carola,

I'm not sure, but I think this should be it:
http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=1470&p=1

HTH,
Benjamin

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
That page does not exist anymore AFAIK Dec 15, 2010

Please try to look for a solution on http://talisma.sdl.com
However, an upgrade will certainly be the best solution, as the support for CS2-CS4 files has been improved in SDL Trados 2007 Suite build 8.3.0.863

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7.1 > InDesign CS2 > Lower versions of Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »