Patrick Innocenti
Patrick Innocenti
Germany
Local time: 11:51
German to French
+ ...
May 28, 2006

Hi,

I am working with Tag Editor (obviously, urgent job due tomorrow) and I always end up with one segment that I cannot open. I have to shut the doc and skip the segment. Later happens the following: I can only edit the segments opening and shuting the segments one by one. I can see the TM, do a cut-paste, but all other options, including concordance search, disappear. And the uneditable segment remains uneditable anyway.

Please, has anyone a clue...
See more
Hi,

I am working with Tag Editor (obviously, urgent job due tomorrow) and I always end up with one segment that I cannot open. I have to shut the doc and skip the segment. Later happens the following: I can only edit the segments opening and shuting the segments one by one. I can see the TM, do a cut-paste, but all other options, including concordance search, disappear. And the uneditable segment remains uneditable anyway.

Please, has anyone a clue ....?

Patrick
Collapse

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:51
English to German
+ ...
I know the problem May 28, 2006

..but I forgot the solution.

Maybe it was just restarting the computer..

About the uneditable segment: I would simply edit it in the target document.

Patrick Innocenti
Patrick Innocenti
Germany
Local time: 11:51
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tag Editor May 28, 2006

Hi Harry,

I tried that already. I removed and reinstalled Trados, restarted the PC several times, tried to disable the Protect Tags option, but it keeps on displaying the error message box: "The system cannot find the data" + (and that may be the clue) the path to a TM which has NOTHING to do with hat job. Is that the source of the problem?

Thanks,
Patrick

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 03:51
English to German
+ ...
Wrong Path May 28, 2006

Patrick Innocenti wrote:
Hi Harry,

I tried that already. I removed and reinstalled Trados, restarted the PC several times, tried to disable the Protect Tags option, but it keeps on displaying the error message box: "The system cannot find the data" + (and that may be the clue) the path to a TM which has NOTHING to do with hat job. Is that the source of the problem?

Thanks,
Patrick

Yes, now I remember this was the problem.
Try to find the TM you want to use and start it with a double-click, then start TagEditor.
(Maybe you moved the TM or renamed one of the directories in the path to the TM? - I did)

HTH,
Harry

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor 2006

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »