Thread poster: Jeanne Innocenti
Jeanne Innocenti
Germany
Local time: 19:20
German to French
+ ...
May 28, 2006

Hi,

I am working with Tag Editor (obviously, urgent job due tomorrow) and I always end up with one segment that I cannot open. I have to shut the doc and skip the segment. Later happens the following: I can only edit the segments opening and shuting the segments one by one. I can see the TM, do a cut-paste, but all other options, including concordance search, disappear. And the uneditable segment remains uneditable anyway.

Please, has anyone a clue ....?

Patrick

Direct link Reply with quote

Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
I know the problem May 28, 2006

..but I forgot the solution.

Maybe it was just restarting the computer..

About the uneditable segment: I would simply edit it in the target document.

Jeanne Innocenti
Germany
Local time: 19:20
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tag Editor May 28, 2006

Hi Harry,

I tried that already. I removed and reinstalled Trados, restarted the PC several times, tried to disable the Protect Tags option, but it keeps on displaying the error message box: "The system cannot find the data" + (and that may be the clue) the path to a TM which has NOTHING to do with hat job. Is that the source of the problem?

Thanks,
Patrick

Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
Wrong Path May 28, 2006

Patrick Innocenti wrote:
Hi Harry,

I tried that already. I removed and reinstalled Trados, restarted the PC several times, tried to disable the Protect Tags option, but it keeps on displaying the error message box: "The system cannot find the data" + (and that may be the clue) the path to a TM which has NOTHING to do with hat job. Is that the source of the problem?

Thanks,
Patrick

Yes, now I remember this was the problem.
Try to find the TM you want to use and start it with a double-click, then start TagEditor.
(Maybe you moved the TM or renamed one of the directories in the path to the TM? - I did)

HTH,
Harry

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor 2006

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs