Trados blocks
Thread poster: Annika Strøhm

Annika Strøhm
Local time: 14:42
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Jun 1, 2006

Hi,
My Trados is not functioning well. I start to translate and it seems to work and then it blocks. The open/get function does not respond and I get nowhere. Is this a normal problem easy to resolve? Should I try to reinstall the program? I got the Trados 6.5 Freelance. Another strange thing: in the terminal recognition option I only get the language pair english - german. I got MultitermiX installed.
Thank you for any useful information
Annika Strøhm

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
"seems to work and then it blocks" Jun 2, 2006

It would make sense to repeat everything with the example ("irísh board of education" or something of this sort), so that if you get stuck, one can see where you are and help you on.

re "it blocks": if it has anything to do with TRADOS , there should be a red comment in the status line of the translator's Workbench, telling about the problem.

I would suggest you stay away from MultiTerm for now, i.e. not use it until you know you got the TWB running properly.

Regards

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 15:42
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Such things happen also to me Jun 3, 2006

when something gets corrupted and the segment cannot be closed anymore. I don't think it has anything to do with Multiterm (I don't have one), what I do in such cases is to take the original document and translate it to fuzzy, using the TM you used on the document which got corrupted. Usually has worked for me- you just sit by and look how Trados without any interruption from your side translates your source file to the point you get stuck.

HTH,

Uldis

PS. I don't think reinstalling Trados will change anything- IMHO the problem is that some tag in the specific document has got corrupted.

Annika Strųhm wrote:

Hi,
My Trados is not functioning well. I start to translate and it seems to work and then it blocks. The open/get function does not respond and I get nowhere. Is this a normal problem easy to resolve? Should I try to reinstall the program?

[Edited at 2006-06-03 20:49]

Annika Strøhm
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
..and what about when the source text remains.. Jun 4, 2006

Thank you both for your answers. Another new problem... when it does close the segment, the source text remains.
Best regards,
Annika

Uldis Liepkalns wrote:

when something gets corrupted and the segment cannot be closed anymore. I don't think it has anything to do with Multiterm (I don't have one), what I do in such cases is to take the original document and translate it to fuzzy, using the TM you used on the document which got corrupted. Usually has worked for me- you just sit by and look how Trados without any interruption from your side translates your source file to the point you get stuck.

HTH,

Uldis

PS. I don't think reinstalling Trados will change anything- IMHO the problem is that some tag in the specific document has got corrupted.

Annika Strųhm wrote:

Hi,
My Trados is not functioning well. I start to translate and it seems to work and then it blocks. The open/get function does not respond and I get nowhere. Is this a normal problem easy to resolve? Should I try to reinstall the program?

[Edited at 2006-06-03 20:49]

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 15:42
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
I'm not sure I understand the problem Jun 4, 2006

All source text should remain there in uncleaned file in any case. Whether you actually see it on the screen or not, depends on if "Hidden text" in your Word- Tools- View is checked or not.

Hope I correctly understood your problem,

Uldis

Annika Strųhm wrote:

Thank you both for your answers. Another new problem... when it does close the segment, the source text remains.
Best regards,
Annika

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados blocks

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs