Tageditor error: 'Failed to create file parser Trados.Win32BinaryParser'
Thread poster: julienwp

julienwp
France
Local time: 04:58
English to French
Jun 8, 2006

Hi all!

When I try to open a DLL file in Tageditor 2006 (build 756), I get the following error message:
Failed to create file parser Trados.Win32BinaryParser

and then (80005): failed to create parser for plugin file format!

Is there any way I can fix this?

Thanks

Julien

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
"When I try to open a DLL..." Jun 8, 2006

Huh?

Are you not asking for too much? Even if you did get anything in terms of - say - localization, I dont know if the target system - any system as far as I know - would find the result acceptable.

The usual way is to localize the source (RES files etc) and then recompile. But then again, maybe Im behind the times...

Regards

Vito

julienwp
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
It works like a charm... Jun 9, 2006

Hi Vito!

This feature works like a charm. Even with exe files! I know it's not the best way for localizing a software, but it's great when you can't get the RC or RES files

I've already had the same type of error with the Generic Delimited Files plugin.

I've done a clean install of XP + Trados and SDLX. The GDF plugin error is gone, but the DLL filter just won't work (everything works fine on my laptop). Weird...

Maybe I should try to uninstall/reinstall the JRE.

Anyway, I'll wait for the next update!

J

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tageditor error: 'Failed to create file parser Trados.Win32BinaryParser'

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs