https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/49098-tageditor_error%3A_failed_to_create_file_parser_tradoswin32binaryparser.html

Tageditor error: 'Failed to create file parser Trados.Win32BinaryParser'
Thread poster: julienwp (X)
julienwp (X)
julienwp (X)
France
Local time: 16:25
English to French
Jun 8, 2006

Hi all!

When I try to open a DLL file in Tageditor 2006 (build 756), I get the following error message:
Failed to create file parser Trados.Win32BinaryParser

and then (80005): failed to create parser for plugin file format!

Is there any way I can fix this?

Thanks

Julien

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
"When I try to open a DLL..." Jun 8, 2006

Huh?

Are you not asking for too much? Even if you did get anything in terms of - say - localization, I dont know if the target system - any system as far as I know - would find the result acceptable.

The usual way is to localize the source (RES files etc) and then recompile. But then again, maybe Im behind the times...

Regards

Vito

julienwp (X)
julienwp (X)
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
It works like a charm... Jun 9, 2006

Hi Vito!

This feature works like a charm. Even with exe files! I know it's not the best way for localizing a software, but it's great when you can't get the RC or RES files

I've already had the same type of error with the Generic Delimited Files plugin.

I've done a clean install of XP + Trados and SDLX. The GDF plugin error is gone, but the DLL filter just won't work (everything works fine on
... See more
Hi Vito!

This feature works like a charm. Even with exe files! I know it's not the best way for localizing a software, but it's great when you can't get the RC or RES files

I've already had the same type of error with the Generic Delimited Files plugin.

I've done a clean install of XP + Trados and SDLX. The GDF plugin error is gone, but the DLL filter just won't work (everything works fine on my laptop). Weird...

Maybe I should try to uninstall/reinstall the JRE.

Anyway, I'll wait for the next update!

J
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tageditor error: 'Failed to create file parser Trados.Win32BinaryParser'

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »