Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:08
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Jun 13, 2006

SDL Trados 2006 (7.5.0.756 build 756).

I would like to export the list of abbreviations I created, but I cannot find a command for that. The list of abbreviations is not exported with the TM when exported to txt (Trados 3-6). Will it be exported with TMX-format?

MTIA for any hint.

Regards
Jerzy

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 17:08
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
AFAIK you can't export them Jun 13, 2006

... but you can create an empty TM (by deleting all TUs) and it will still keep the user list - a very awkward workaround.

The alternative - far fetched for now - is a text file of abbreviations and a script to feed whichever TM you want to fill it with... But that means you need to copy everyone of them from the current environment (Abby Reader;)?)

[Edited at 2006-06-13 20:09]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting user defined list of abbreviatons

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums