Mobile menu

SDL Trados 7 Multiterm Convert - Error when trying to get it run...
Thread poster: Ruth Wiedekind

Ruth Wiedekind  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:07
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Jun 15, 2006

Hi everybody.

I wanted to use Multiterm Convert (part of my SDL Trados 7 package) to convert a xls glossary. Unfortunately I cannot state the version number of Multiterm Convert, because I just cannot make it run - never had this problem under 6.5.

The error message I get is:
"Trados.MultiTerm.Conversion.Host.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services
Die Anwendung hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursacht, der nicht verarbeitet werden konnte.
Prozess-ID=0exef0 (3024), Thread-ID=0x534 (1332)"

Does anybody know how to work this out? Is there an error in my installation?

N.B. My MultiTerm version is 7.1.0.361

Direct link Reply with quote

Isabelle Gélinas
Canada
Local time: 09:07
English to French
Same problem! Oct 14, 2006

Hello,

I have the very same problem you do, only my error message is in English, not in German.

Seeing the date of your post, I do hope someone will eventually find a solution!

I've sent a support call via SDLX Trados support site, but so far no response (I don't have paid support, so I go last - this never was a problem when Trados was not SDLX, but hey. Things change).

Isabelle

Ruth Wiedekind  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:07
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
At least I am not alone with the problem. Oct 15, 2006

Hi Isabelle,

I was about to send a request to the SDL Trados team but now I will wait for the response they will give to you. (I haven't signed a support contract either.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 7 Multiterm Convert - Error when trying to get it run...

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs