https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/49547-trados_tool_bar_65_disappeared.html

Trados tool bar (6.5) disappeared
Thread poster: Clelia Tarasco
Clelia Tarasco
Clelia Tarasco  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:53
English to Italian
In memoriam
Jun 16, 2006

Dear all
may be there is already an answer to my question in past forums but I could not find it
I have just finished to translate a large file with scripts and codes for which Trados could no be used
Now I was going to translate a normal Word file but I find Trados tool bar is no longer present
Pls help me
Thanks in advance

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... Jun 16, 2006

...to SDL Trados Support - please use this forum to post topics related to SDL and/or Trados.

may be there is already an answer to my question in past forums but I could not find it

Have you tried using the forum search function, using "toolbar missing" and/or "taskbar missing"?

Best regards,
Ralf

Monika Jakacka Márquez
Monika Jakacka Márquez  Identity Verified
Spain
Polish to Spanish
+ ...

some indications taken from Trados User's Guide Jun 16, 2006

TRADOS-Word Interface
Translator's Workbench and Word communicate via a specially designed document template,
TRADOS6.dot. When this template is activated in Word, the Trados menu is added to the Word
menu bar; when you open a document for editing, the Workbench toolbar is displayed. The Trados
menu and Workbench toolbar in Word provide access to the commands that you require for
translation with Translator’s Workbench.
During installation of the TRADOS tran
... See more
TRADOS-Word Interface
Translator's Workbench and Word communicate via a specially designed document template,
TRADOS6.dot. When this template is activated in Word, the Trados menu is added to the Word
menu bar; when you open a document for editing, the Workbench toolbar is displayed. The Trados
menu and Workbench toolbar in Word provide access to the commands that you require for
translation with Translator’s Workbench.
During installation of the TRADOS translation solution, the setup program tries to determine where
the Word Startup folder is located on your computer. If it is successful, it installs the TRADOS-Word
template and the next time you launch Word, the interface with Translator’s Workbench isautomatically available. If for some reason the Trados menu is not available in Word after
installation, you may need to prepare Word manually.

Manually Preparing Word

The TRADOS-Word template, TRADOS6.dot, is copied to the TT\Templates folder during
installation of the TRADOS translation solution. Use this file to make the interface with
Translator’s Workbench permanently available in Word.
To set up the interface between Word and Translator’s Workbench:
1 In Windows Explorer, copy the TRADOS-Word template, TRADOS6.dot, from the
TT\Templates subfolder of your TRADOS installation to Word’s template folder.
2 In Word, select Templates and Add-ins from the Tools menu. The Templates and Add-ins
dialog box is displayed.
3 Click Add to open the Add Template dialog box. This dialog box contains a list of all templates
that are available in Word’s template folder.
4 In the Add Template dialog box, select TRADOS6.dot. Click OK to add the TRADOS-Word
template as a global template to the standard Word template, Normal.dot.
5 In the Templates and Add-Ins dialog box, TRADOS6.dot is listed as an active global template.
Click OK to confirm and to return to the main Word program window. The Trados menu is
now visible in Word’s menu bar.

Every time you start Word, you must activate the Translator's Workbench template by selecting
Global Templates and Add-Ins on the Tools menu in Word and selecting TRADOS6.dot in the
Global templates list. For this to happen automatically, copy the TRADOS-Word template to Word’s
Startup folder (usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Startup). The template is then
activated automatically each time you start Word. You can deactivate the template temporarily by
selecting Templates and Add-Ins on the Tools menu and clearing the TRADOS6.dot check box. To
permanently deactivate the template, delete the TRADOS6.dot file from the Startup folder and
restart Word.

WARNING
Translator’s Workbench 6.0 does not support earlier versions of the TRADOS-Word document
template. Make sure that you install TRADOS6.dot and rename or remove TRADOS5.dot,
TW4Win2k.dot, TW4Win97.dot or TW4Win.dot from your computer.

I hope it would help
Collapse

Clelia Tarasco
Clelia Tarasco  Identity Verified
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
thanks to everyone Jun 16, 2006

I solved the problem simply using the view function in Word tool bar
I was frentic and did not think to the most simple solution!!!
Thanks so much to both of you

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados tool bar (6.5) disappeared

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »