Thread poster: Mabel Garzón
Mabel Garzón
Mabel Garzón
Colombia
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 16, 2006

Dear colleagues,

I just bought Trados with the las group and I downloaded the 2 piedes of software, once to my C disc and another tome to my D disc. Maybe this was wrong, since I do need it as well on my other computer. How can I transfer it or get another one? I also think one of the computers could crash and than I'd have nothing.

Regards,

Mabel

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:54
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Transferring files Jun 16, 2006

once to my C disc and another tome to my D disc.

One copy of the installation file is enough in one computer (supposing you have downloaded the same file twice). You can delete one of them. It doesn't matter which one.

Maybe this was wrong, since I do need it as well on my other computer. How can I transfer it or get another one?

You can download the file to your other computer, if it's connected to the Internet. You can also burn it on a CD-R or copy to a flash disk, if you have one and it's big enough. Or you can copy it using your LAN, if the computers are connected.

I also think one of the computers could crash and than I'd have nothing.

Don't worry, you can always download it again.

Mabel Garzón
Mabel Garzón
Colombia
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Hynek Jun 16, 2006

I'll delete the one from my D disk and I'll try to download it to the other computer.

I have a doubt though. I have the impression, when setting up the program, that I did not complete the process. I had downloaded a couple of items out of 4, and then the computer restarted itself and I was left with the impression that parts are missing.

For instance, I expected an icon with Trados. I don't know.

Thanks and regards,

Mabel

Hynek Palatin
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Installation Jun 17, 2006

Mabel,

I can't say if the installation was successful or not. If there were no error messages, it probably was. Trados requires restart (I hope I remember it correctly), so that should be OK. There's no desktop icon by default, but there should be a new folder in Start - Programs.

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Don't worry... Jun 17, 2006

as far as my experience goes - as long as you have the correct license in your hands, you can download till the cows come home and nobody will bother.

So .. why don't you start that setup program:)?

regards

Vito

Mabel Garzón
Mabel Garzón
Colombia
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Hynek, I dont knof if you refer to folders: Translators workbench, Win align, Tag editor, T windo Jun 18, 2006

Hynek Palatin wrote:

Mabel,

I can't say if the installation was successful or not. If there were no error messages, it probably was. Trados requires restart (I hope I remember it correctly), so that should be OK. There's no desktop icon by default, but there should be a new folder in Start - Programs.

Mabel Garzón
Mabel Garzón
Colombia
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
HI again Hynek Jun 18, 2006

I dont know if you refer to folders :Translators workbench, Win align, Tag editor, T window for clipboard. If yes and if I wanted to start a translation, whiich of those ahould I open to start?

I used a few years ago one demo version of Trados and there was a red icon appearing evety time I started my computer on the right side of the top of the page.

Regards,

Mabel

Mabel Garzón
Mabel Garzón
Colombia
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Vito I did and I got to the poit Jun 18, 2006

Vito Smolej wrote:

as far as my experience goes - as long as you have the correct license in your hands, you can download till the cows come home and nobody will bother.

regards

Vito

Mabel Garzón
Mabel Garzón
Colombia
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Vito, I did and I chose the 5 languages. Jun 18, 2006

Mabel Garzón wrote:

Vito Smolej wrote:

regards

Vito

Hynek Palatin
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Trados Jun 19, 2006

I dont know if you refer to folders :Translators workbench, Win align, Tag editor, T window for clipboard. If yes and if I wanted to start a translation, whiich of those ahould I open to start?

I'm sorry, but this is not so easy to explain. I recommend reading the manual, starting the tutorial and maybe taking a Trados course.

If you translate in Word, then you need Workbench.

I used a few years ago one demo version of Trados and there was a red icon appearing evety time I started my computer on the right side of the top of the page.

I'm not sure what you mean. There should be a Trados icon in MS Word.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Possible mistake in downloadin Trados software

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »